Banzet Thompson & Styers P.L.L.C.
Member Name: Lewis A. Thompson, III
Address: 101 Front Street
State: North Carolina
Alternate Phone: 252-257-2053
All About Us
The original firm, Williams & Banzet, was founded in mid-1920's by Mr. B.B. "Buck" Williams and Julius Banzet, Jr. Soon after Mr. "Buck" Williams death, Mr. Frank Banzet joined his brother to practice law around 1930. Banzet & Banzet served the citizens of Warren County for more than a quarter-century. Mr. Julius Banzet, III joined his father and uncle in 1962.
Mr. Julius Banzet, Jr. retired from the firm upon his election to Chief District Court Judge for Ninth District in 1968. Judge Banzet remained on bench until 1976. Lewis A. Thompson, III joined the firm in 1977. In 1978, the firm began operating as Banzet, Banzet, & Thompson. Mr. Frank Banzet retired from the firm in 1989.
In 1996, the firm organized under North Carolina's Professional Limited Liability Corporation name of Banzet, Banzet & Thompson, P.L.L.C. Mitchell G. Styers joined the firm in 2002. In 2006, the firm began operating in its current name, Banzet, Thompson & Styers, PLLC.
Robert May joined the firm in 2009, having worked as summer law clerk for several years prior. In 2011, Susan Thompson retired from the District Attorney's Office and joined the firm as attorney.
The building, initially constructed in 1931 with additions in 1962 and 1998, is located at 101 N. Front Street in the Historic District of the Town of Warrenton.
The firm represents corporations, small businesses and individuals throughout the northeastern areas of North Carolina. The firm maintains a general civil and criminal trial practice with an emphasis on litigation and real property. Additionally, members of the law firm represent individuals in the Federal judicial system including the United States Supreme Court. The firm is listed in Martindale Hubbard's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.