Touchstone Bank is a local community bank that is dedicated to providing superior customer service and creating outstanding value for its shareholders and communities.
Our vision is to be recognized as a top performing community bank that is known for quality community banking.
Honesty: Requires that we say and acknowledge facts and circumstances, even if they are unpleasant.
Integrity: The foundation of trust between us and others.
Knowledgeable: Well informed and educated about products and services and bank operations.
Accountable: Being held to a high standard and responsible for one's actions or in actions.
Teamwork: Being cooperative, working in unison to accomplish both personal and corporate goals in a professional manner.
OUR EMPLOYEE PLEDGE
We are committed to providing all Touchstone Bank employees with an envied work environment. This atmosphere includes the ability to achieve personal and professional goals in a pleasant and admired setting. We shall be respectful of one another and laser focused on the established values and fulfilling the Touchstone Bank mission.
Touchstone Bank was first chartered as Bank of Dinwiddie in June of 1906, with $10,000 in stock, and was part of the town's commercial activity, which centered around being a water stop for the railroad. Surpassing all odds, the bank thrived, even surviving the depression while many other banks were forced to close.
The Bank moved into its first new building, which adjoined the McKenney Hardware and Supply Company in 1957, and changed its name to Bank of McKenney. The Bank continued to grow and in 1989, Richard M. Liles became President. Liles immediately embraced the community banking culture and led by the example of putting customers' needs first.
Liles also knew that to remain competitive the Bank would have to expand its footprint in the area. After 86 years as a one-branch operation, in 1992, the Bank proudly opened its second location in the Dinwiddie Airport Industrial Park. In 1995, the Bank continued to expand with its third location in the county seat of Dinwiddie. The Bank moved into Chesterfield County in 1998, with two new locations: one in Matoaca and one in Ettrick. In 2003, the Bank opened a branch in the city of Colonial Heights.
June 5, 2006, marked the 100-year anniversary of the Bank. To commemorate the occasion, the Bank rang the closing bell of the NASDAQ stock exchange in New York City. However, the media attention and recognition for a community bank did not change the Bank's purpose.
The Bank continued to grow, and in 2007, opened a branch in Prince George County. The year 2014 saw an additional branch in Chester. The largest expansion came in November 2017 with the merger of Citizens Community Bank, a neighboring local community which was established in 1999 in South Hill, Virginia. A true merger of equals with shared values, the combined entity now known as Touchstone Bank has 13 convenient locations serving northern North Carolina and south-central Virginia. As part of the merger, Richard M. Liles became Executive Chairman of the Board and passed the leadership torch to James R. Black as President and CEO.
The merger not only doubled the number of branch locations and assets, but will allow the Bank the opportunity to leverage its infrastructure for future success. Although Touchstone Bank has grown from one branch in McKenney, Virginia to a bank serving customers in two states, one thing remains the same: providing its customers with the ultimate customer experience while creating outstanding value for its shareholders and communities.
Touchstone Bank takes great pride in its history and pledges to make "our focus is your success."