We Serve Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy. The World's Largest Service Club Organization Our 46,000 clubs and 1.35 million members make us the world's largest service club organization. We're also one of the most effective. Our members do whatever is needed to help their local communities. Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need eyeglasses, with seniors who don’t have enough to eat and with people we may never meet. OUR HISTORY December 1936 - Club Founded (Sponsored by the Warrenton Lions Club) January 12, 1937 - Charter Presented at Littleton High School to the 31 Original Members Through the years, the club has done some incredible things in the community. 1938 - Club purchased building on North Main Street, which became a Public Library. (originally sponsored by the club) 1940 - Club worked with local school officials to get a gymnasium. Through the next couple of years, the club worked to get hardwood floors, bleachers and showers! 1942 - Lions sponsored Boy Scout Troop 85 and purchased much needed equipment for them. 1951 - Bonds were sold to install lights on the football field at Littleton High School. This was later paid off with Lions assisting in sales and working the football games. 1955 - Club sponsored a drive to start a local newspaper. The first issue of the Littleton Observer was published June 2, 1955. 1958 - A new community building was built after Martha R. Johnston deeded current property to the Lions. 1959 - Notes sold to purchase an athletic bus, which was later paid for by events worked by Littleton Lions. 1961 - 25 years of service observed. General Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 7 p.m.